Friday, February 18, 2011

KILIM FINISHED

My plan for February was to work on the project started a while ago. Yesterday I finished my Kilim. The tabby weave was completed, I fringed the rug, blocked it, and put together. Sorry for poor pictures. Actually this rug is an example of how different stitches can effect, or ruin, the whole project. The background in the middle of of a rug was stitched using basketweave and overdied thread, and as you can see the lines were lining up diagonally and not horizontally as the up and bottom of the rug show. The rug was stitched on 40 count silk gauze with overdied thread.

7 comments:

Sans! said...

Hi Natalia, I am a little curious why you said the stitches can ruin the effect of the rug. Are you unhappy with this rug? It looks good to me. Which part of it is flawed, f it is at all ? :) Just curious as to what's your idea of good and bad :).

Drora's minimundo said...

It looks perfect!

Patty said...

Natalia, It really came out so wonderful! Your work is really stunning! Love the slippers in the previous post too!!

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Drora and Patty, thank you. I am glad you like it. Natalia

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Susane, I don't like this one. I love Kilims (and now, by the way, you hooked me up on Dhurries too, :))) ). The whole idea behind of stitching each rug is to be as close as possible to the original. The design for this little Kilim was adopted from real size Kilim late 19th century. They don't weave Kilim diagonally. I hope my English made sense. Natalia

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Sans! I was surprised and amazed when I saw your comment on my old post about Kilim, because I was working on it and nobody knew about it. I am planning to make a post about Indian Dhurries, I charted 2 rugs already. Have fun at the Hawa Mahal. How far is it from you? Do you have vacation?
I wish one day I will see it too, :))) Natalia

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Patty, I have got 12 commissions on those slippers. Didn't know they will be so popular, :))) Natalia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...