Sunday, April 5, 2015

New Pattern of the Month - Dollhouse Needlepoint Rug VERA


I named this Dollhouse Miniature Needlepoint Pattern VERA to honor my Mom. Translating from Russian into English "Vera" means "Faith".


I started working on this pattern 4 years ago. I charted some borders and corners of the rug. Being impatient by nature, I wanted to see how this rug would look like stitched on silk gauze. I started stitching it.
During last 4 years I kept working on it periodically adding stitch here and there without any inspiration to finish the pattern. This is how my rug looked like last time I touched it in November 2014.


One Saturday at the end of March I picked up the hoop with the framed rug on it and... I knew exactly what to do. It took me about 5 hours to finish charting the pattern: the main border and the field. 5 hours! I've been waiting for that inspirational moment for 4 years!

There are 243 x 421 stitches, Gutermann silk

The rug measures

4.96" x 8.59" if to stitch on 49 count silk gauze

6.08" x 10.53" if to stitch on 40 count silk gauze

If you would like to join me in the stitching progress, you can find the kit available for sale at my etsy store that you can find on the right hand side bar or if you follow the link:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/227958546/dollhouse-miniature-needlepoint-kit-area?ref=listing-shop-header-0

Have a great day!
Natalia

7 comments:

Ilona said...

Hi Natalia! This is absolutely gorgeous, what a stunning design! How lovely that it's a tribute to your Mom, Vera.
It's true that sometimes things have to wait until the time is there to do it. At least I feel it that way, when I have plans for making something in miniature, that has to ripen.
Wishing you a lovely Easter weekend/holiday.
Warm hug, Ilona

Catherine said...

It is a beautiful design.

BiWuBär said...

Better late than never... ;O) What a beautiful design - just the right pattern to honor your Mom!

Happy Easter wishes
Birgit

12Create said...

I am glad you have got back into stitching this rug. It will be a special and truly beautiful rug.

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you, everyone, for your comments! I am glad you like the finished design. Happy Easter! Hugs, Natalia

Josje said...

Good things take time ;-) It's beautiful Natalia.

S.Lavender said...

Those pure streams of inspiration are awesome when they come! This design is beautiful. Your love of needlework stirs me to want to put out mine... then I think of the work involved. :) I admire the persistance and passion it takes to complete a work like this. Blessings, Sherri-Lee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...