Friday, May 15, 2015

Somewhere Where My Soul Sings - Toadstool, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Utah


Have I told you that I love hiking? With new route you not only cover miles and work on your endurance, you open whole new world you never knew exists.

Toadstool route, Grand Staircase-Escalante park, Utah is an easy and short hike, but the most extraordinary route I've ever hiked.


To reach the Toadstool we had to walk 1.1 miles along the dead creek.


You are advised to follow the path because of "bumps" or biological soil crusts in the sand that are a living web of organisms, a medley of lichen, fungi, and mosses. They benefit plants by absorbing water, adding nutrients, and stabilizing the soil.

On the way to the Toadstool I saw life.




A Toadstool is a spire-like feature with a boulder perched atop a pedestal rock, like a mushroom, or "toadstool". It forms when softer rock erodes away, leaving a column sheltered from wind and water.


I climbed on the top of the hill and a new valley was opened in front of me.


I wish one day I will be back to finish discovering Grand Staircase-Escalante in Utah...

to be continued...

4 comments:

contar said...

Es realmente un paisaje maravilloso
Un abrazo

BiWuBär said...

OMG!!! This was extraordinarily beautiful... what an impressive part of the world. As I always say - nature is the most talented magician ever! I could look at your photos forever - and you know me... I always see hidden things there... so many faces looking at me, a gorilla looking at one of the toadstools, a big hand climbing up and even a mermaid (third picture from the bottom in the toadstool's top)... or is it a mouse fairy? Anyway... this post was big fun!

Hugs
Birgit

miniaturista said...

un paisaje arido precioso y esas pantas que asoman a la vida, increibles.
Un abrazo
Maite

12Create said...

What amazing landscape.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...